- Active industrial plant in the Catalan littoral. Location polluted by fuel due to a leak of old grooving and underground fuel tanks.
- Goals: focus elimination, selective excavation of hydrocarbon impacted lands and elimination of floating free phase.
- Contamination focus dismantling à old grooving and fuel tank.
- First phase of pyrite ashes excavation for stabilising, avoiding mixing the different types of waste
- Excavation slope stabilisation by pile barrier with coronation beam
- Second phase of excavation to groundwater level to remove and manage the land impacted by fuel: 800 tons managed to class II landfill
- Fuel mobilisation to the bottom of excavation to pump the free phase in three stages: self-suction tank truck, oleophilic skimmer with pumping and treatment, and finally through oleophilic absorbent material. Managed 8.000 kg of fuel emulsion.
- 3 months of operative.
- Total elimination of hydrocarbon in free phase.
- 100% of remaining soils of excavation meet safety standards, both in metals and in TPH.