As the winning slogan of the ecomobility challenge says, “Heat your shoes, not the planet!”
– Geoambient is warming up its shoes and cooling down its engines to engage in the global issue of climate change and sustainable development.
– 2022 was a year of great strides with the creation of the sustainability department. The first objective was to calculate the company’s carbon footprint and join the “Acords Voluntaris” programme of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, as well as the Carbon Footprint Register of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food at state level.
– The aim of this membership is to commit to identifying and monitoring our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in order to implement effective reduction measures in line with the targets set at global level.
– In addition to the calculation, several powerful initiatives have been implemented in this area, including the following:
- A plan to reduce emissions with the creation of the Mobility Plan and the installation of a charging point for electric cars;
- The creation of the “Ecomobility Challenge” and the realisation of its first edition in July 2022. This challenge encourages active and sustainable mobility of employees by marking the different actions undertaken. These are recorded on a web platform, so that all SERFIM DEPOLLUTION Group companies can compete to be the company that reduces its emissions the most.
- Participation in International Compost Week, International Biodiversity Day, Sustainable Development Week and also Waste Management Week, by carrying out various training and awareness-raising activities for employees.